During my Ph.D. in Biological Psychology at the University of Tübingen, I was investigating neural and behavioral correlates of empathy for pain with brain imaging experiments. Due to the achievements during my studies, I was awarded a postgraduate fellowship of the state Baden-Württemberg to finance my Ph.D. project. I became an expert in several psychophysiological measurements like electroencephalography and electrodermal activity, as well as the statistical analysis of such high-dimensional data. This background helped me during my self-training in machine learning and my following research in both areas.
• Rehse-Knauff, L. (24.03.2022). Wann zeigen Menschen Empathie? Ursachen, Grenzen und Gefahren. Deutschlandfunk.
• Kreiskott, M. (30.03.2022). Empathie für Ukraineflüchtlinge: Psychologin erklärt unser Verhalten. NDR Kultur.
• Fabi, S., & Leuthold, H. (2019). Investigating empathy for pain toward racial in- and outgroup targets with ERPs and EEG oscillations. Poster presented at the 4th Workshop Understanding others — Integration of social cognitive and affective processes, Munich.
• Fabi, S., & Leuthold, H. (2018). Racial bias influences on empathic information processing — An EEG study. Poster presented at the Social and Affective Neuroscience Society Meeting (SANS), New York.
• Fabi, S., & Leuthold, H. (2018). Measuring empathic influences on perceptual and motor processing with ERPs, EEG oscillations, and response force. Poster presented at the Cognitive Neuroscience Society Meeting (CNS), Boston.
• Fabi, S., Mackenzie, I.G., & Leuthold, H. (2017). Are empathic influences on information processing subject to racial bias? An EEG study. Poster presented at the 59th Conference of Experimental Psychologists (TeaP), Dresden.
• Fabi, S., Weber, L.A., & Leuthold, H. (2019). Empathic Concern and Personal Distress depend on situational but not dispositional factors. PLOS ONE, 14 (11), e0225102.
• Fabi, S. (2018). How do we process pain in others? Investigating behavioral and neural correlates of empathy. (Dissertation thesis)
• Fabi, S., & Leuthold, H. (2018). Racial bias in empathy: Do we process dark- and fair-colored hands in pain differently? An EEG study. Neuropsychologia, 114, 143-157.
• Fabi, S., & Leuthold, H. (2017). Empathy for pain influences perceptual and motor processing: Evidence from response force, ERPs, and EEG oscillations. Social Neuroscience, 12, 701-716.
You can find my Google Scholar profile here.